Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Placemats


These are my new place mats.

I designed the patterns and made them on Sunday.

And we had dinner on them on Monday night!

I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I'm going to make two more in two different designs and then I'm going to take them for show and tell next week when I go to the first ever meeting of the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild! Check them out by clicking on the button on my sidebar. I'm so excited to meet everyone.
It's turned cold again here in Dallas and I have to admit, I kind of like it. Last week the temperature was in the 60's and I know I shouldn't complain about 60's in January, but I like to have distinct seasons and we really don't get much distinction here in Big D. Ask me tomorrow if I like the cold, I'm meeting a friend at 8:30 for coffee before the Saturday morning yoga class. I have a feeling I'm going to want to snuggle in the bed with hubby and not be out in the cold! Oh well, yoga will be worth it! I LOVE the way I feel after an hour or so of doing yoga.

So, when I started this blog I really thought I would be posting more often that it's turned out. I'm going to try and increase the number of posts, because I always have such fun with each of them. And I love getting every one's comments!

1 comment:

  1. I like that the design for each mat is different! I also love that this is a small project and something I can perhaps aspire to!

    And yes, this Dallas weather feels quite cold after having the 70 degree sunny days recently. Spring, back to winter. We get 4 seasons, just very randomly, in no particular order. ;)

    ReplyDelete