I think I have mentioned that we recently moved and I was able to get all of my studio contents out of storage? Well, I found this project in one of the boxes. Looks finished, right? No.......it's not. I left this one wing undone and folded it up and started another project. Typical.
So, I'll do the handwork on this and put it in the pile to be quilted. This was a class I took (I'm so embarrassed to say this..) about four years ago. It's a really cool technique and I will definitely use this method again. You trace the design onto the top fabric and then layer it onto another fabric. You baste along your traced lines and then you cut the top fabric only on the traced lines. Then, you needle turn applique, cutting about an inch or two ahead of where you are stitching.
I went yesterday and picked up some more fabric so I can piece the back for the Winter Wonderland quilt. I also did a little looking around for ideas for a free motion quilt pattern for it. It's a good size quilt so it will take a little while to quilt, but I am so excited to see it finished. I am going to bind it in the red dot fabric used in the inner border. Plus, I have to complete The Challenge! This will be one down and one to go!