Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Fabric "Throwdown"



So, I have decided to accept the challenge issued by my husband a few days ago. In the next 364 days, I am going to complete two quilts and 10 other fabric art projects. All done using my existing stash.....this part could be the biggest challenge. Have I mentioned how much I love fabric? How I love to go and buy fabric? Complete all these projects using my existing fabric? We'll see how successful I am! I pulled out a project yesterday that I
started about 18 months ago. It involved a massive amount of embroidery and pieced blocks. This was a block of the month from a quilt store in Waxahachie, TX. http://www.commonthreadsquilting.com/ (one of my favorites) It was another challenge from my husband. We were still dating then and he told me he would pay for the blocks each month, but I had to finish each before the next one arrived or I had to pay him twice the cost of the block. And the amount due would continue to accumulate for every month I fell behind. Now, when I agreed to this I truly believed it would be a piece of cake. Um.....needless to say, I had to marry him or else take out a loan to settle my debt with him! So, two days ago I started with the embroidery completed and sewn together and all but four of the pieced blocks done.
And, now I have the entire top completed! Amazing what can be done when one sits down at the machine! Now, I just have to find fabrics in my current stash to use for the back. Then, layer up and quilt.
So, I begin 2010 freshly motivated to do that which I love and also to rise to the challenge issued. I have a good feeling about the coming year. I love the sensation of having the whole year ahead of you and the possibilities are endless. There is much I would like to accomplish in the next twelve months. And I must say I feel so blessed with the life I have....a loving and supportive husband, great friends and family, a wonderful home and the list goes on.

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt that you are about to finish. In fact I love it so much that I actually bought an already finished one from our Churches' Apple Fest Fund raiser this past November. It was in a silent auction and the price was too good to pass up and it was for a good cause. I didn't get the satisfaction of making it myself, but I at least know the Ladies that did make it. Looks like you are off to a good start on your new year, good luck in sticking to your goals.

    ReplyDelete