Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lovely Saturday



I started the day out with a yoga class. I love doing yoga, it just calms me down and "centers" me every time I do it.
This is the second Saturday in a row that I gone to
this class. It's offered at a local yoga clothing store every Saturday. I've been meeting a friend there and then we did a bit of shopping after class. I have been on a two year quest for a pair of cordoroys that fit me. I have difficulty finding pants to fit my body and I really wanted some corduroy jeans. It really doesn't get all that cold here in Texas, but I wanted them anyway. I guess the stars were finally lined up. They were the color I wanted, they fit, and they were on SALE! I skipped home on a cloud and finally had an uninterrupted afternoon to sew. I have had an idea for a new purse in my head for weeks and I finally got started on it today. I have sketched out the pattern and decided I had better sew a quick "mock up" before I cut into my gorgeous fabric. The mock up was a success, so I have cut out all of the pieces and interfaced everything. The main body of the purse is velvet and I found the cutest Robert Kaufman for the lining. Don't you just love it??? I can hardly wait to get it finished. I have some really fun trim to pipe the edges with and some fun hardware for the handles.
I'm really excited about a new quilt guild that's forming here in Dallas. It's a local chapter of the Modern Quilt Guild. So far, I think we have about 14 members signed up. I found out about this chapter over at Lisa's blog http://sophiaaster.com/blog/. Check it out, she has link to join the guild. We are going to have our first meeting soon over at City Craft. GREAT Store by the way! http://www.citycraftonline.com. I am so excited that she is open and right down the street from my office. Woo Hoo!

1 comment:

  1. We are excited to have YOU as a customer! Thanks for the mention!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete