Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My First Commission Quilt

So, someone has asked me to make a quilt for them!  These are the fabrics I'll be using in the quilt.  It's for my hairdresser's daughter.  I was so excited that she asked for a black and white quilt.  I have been dying to make a Black & White for years.  The fabrics are all prewashed and ready to be ironed and then let the cutting begin.  I hope to be well into having the top pieced by the end of the weekend.  We are supposed to get cold and yucky weather tomorrow and I am praying for a "snow day" on Friday!  Then, I would know that I could get the top done!

I finished another placemat to go with the other two, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.  I like it better than the first two!  I think I might make some more just like it.  I want to end up with a set of 6 of the placemats, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out of the main background fabric.  It's called "Quilter's Tweed" by Robert Kaufman.  I bought the last of the bolt, so I'm really hoping that City Craft gets another bolt of it in the store!  It's just really cool stuff.  It looks like tweed.  I mean, REALLY looks like tweed. 

Okay, I'm off to bed.  I promised myself I would be asleep before midnight tonight.

1 comment:

  1. nice!!!
    way to go-
    hey, it's past 12- you asleep?
    hopefully the "snow" will get you home from work early tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete