Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Back to Real Life....why do I live here again?

Every time I take a vacation, I spend the whole time there thinking "I could live here, lets get jobs and never go home".  Well, this trip was no exception, in fact I think it was the most intense dose of "lets live here" ever!  What a gorgeous city and so exciting!!  The weather was absolutely perfect the entire week we were there.  Sunny every day and about 60 degrees.  And the food.....divine!  I did not have a bad meal the entire time I was there.
This meal was from The Slanted Door and I think it might win the prize as the best meal of the week.  The restaurant was really cool and modern, but we ate outside on the glassed in patio.  You could see across the bay to Annabel Island and we watched the ferries coming into the harbor.  I can't remember the cool name that my dish had, but G's dish was called Shaking Beef!  YUM.

I had the best latte there at a little shop called Blue Bottle Coffee Company.  And look how cute they made it!

I went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and had a great time looking around!  They had an exhibit there called Calder to Warhol that was fantastic.  And take a look at this display.  It's all picture frames, but I see a quilt in there, do you?  I don't know about having a big hump in the middle of my quilt, but I was definitely inspired.


And I see a quilt in this picture as well.  It would take some definite planning, but I am sketching it out in my head already.  This is actually a chair.  They had a big round circle in the middle of the room all made up of different chairs, very cool.


There is much more to tell you about the trip, but I'll save the rest for another day.  We got off the plane to 107 degrees at 9:00 at night and that's when I asked the question "why do I live here?"  Of course, I ask that question every year in August and then in December I remember why I live here.  

4 comments:

  1. Bud goes to SF every July for work and I join him about every other year. It is an awesome city! I"m glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really fell in love with the city and will definitely be back for another visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a heart shape on the top of that latte- how sweet-

    i love san fran-- and could SO use those temperatures right NOW

    ReplyDelete