Thursday, July 29, 2010

Escape

So, I have been in San Francisco since Sunday and I think G is going to have a hard time getting me on the plane in four days.  This is one of the most beautiful cities I have been in.  And the weather....PLEASE!  To all my friends sitting in the Texas heat, I do NOT envy you.  It has not been over 70 degrees since I have been here.  I am wearing sweaters in July!

G is in a class all day every day, so I am on my own to entertain myself.  I have walked everywhere and this enables me to really take it all in.  I did catch a ride on a city bus yesterday, but still managed to walk several miles (uphill)!  But, this was my reward at the top of the hill
YUM!!  It is "Chicago Thin" from Paxtis Chicago Pizza and OMG if you are ever in San Fran, you must give this place a try.  The above photo is the lunch special.  That's a Veggie Slice.  It has a corn meal crust that is light and fluffy and very crispy on the bottom.  It has artichoke hearts, red peppers, onions, olives, cheese and wonderful tomato sauce.  The Greek Salad that came with was to die for as well.  Last night we ate at the Cliff House and I had a delicious Fruitti De Marre.  Mmmmm.....it was so yummy.  It was filled with scallops, rock shrimp, mussels, clams, and crab meat.  All in a wonderful broth with penne pasta.  And sourdough bread that was so fresh and soft with a crusty outside.   Good thing I am walking all those miles.  The view from the table was breathtaking.
And the sunset, well I can't find words.  This is G's photo (I know he is WAY better than I am at photography, but I'm learning!)
I've so much more to tell you about this trip, but that will come later.  I must go head out for more adventures in this fantastic city.  I have seen many sites that are inspiring more quilts.  I'll tell you all about it in the next few days. (and show you!)

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear you're having a great time! Lunch looks delicious -- much better than cottage cheese and tomatoes, right?!! Can't wait to hear about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds divine! I hope you're getting in a little bit of crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds so fun- great spot to go.

    ReplyDelete