Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer

I have been holding off posting because I didn't really have any new pictures to post about.  I can get hung up on the idea that I need to have pictures of projects I am working in order to write on my blog.  I think I sometimes forget that I started my blog for me.  As a place to document the journey that is my life.  And I love my life!  It is the "busy" season at my office and we are working long hours and it is stressful and chaotic.  We have a very short number of weeks to get a lot of work done.  There are deadlines and missing a deadline can be extremely costly so everyone is worried and snippy and occasionally there are blow-ups.  It is bearable to us all because it is short-lived and the rest of the year is a very slow and relaxed pace.  Shorter hours, no chaos, no blow-ups.  I have had jobs in the past that were like the summer is with this job, only all 365 days of the year.  This is better than that.

Soon, before I can blink, it will be the end of summer and the craziness will be gone and I'll have much more time to sew and create again.  That makes me happy.  Don't get me wrong, I am finding (making) time to sew even in this busy time.  I played more with my embroidery machine this past weekend.  (Anna Maria Horner has some new machine embroidery designs available from Westminster Fabrics.)  And helped a friend go "test drive" some sewing machines.  She wants to learn to sew and this makes me very happy.  And I gave a private sewing lesson on Sunday to a very new quilter.  It was nice and very rewarding and I think we both had a lot of fun......

Here's a shot of one of the designs I did on a simple white t-shirt....



I want to leave you with a very "summery" pic of my granddaughter taken several years ago on the 4th of July.  She had a new puppy and was giving him some lovin...she's 8 now and SO grown up!

1 comment:

  1. She's cute and so is that puppy she's holding and the one in the background. I can't believe that fancy embroidery?!
    I just signed up for a jewelry class.
    It's only 3classes. Very excited to learn something new. How are u liking the flying lessons?

    ReplyDelete