Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First Virtual Quilt Bee Block

Yeah!  I finished my first block for the NKOTB virtual quilt bee.  All of the members are new to the virtual quilt bee world (quilt bee "virgins"?)  So, it will be off in the mail tomorrow to Amy of Did I Say That Out Loud?

When I first saw the design of this block, I thought it would be so easy, peasy!  Nope!  It was pretty challenging to try and calculate the sizes of the blocks adding in the charcoal border and getting the whole thing to come out to 15".  It took me a lot longer than I thought it would.  I spent a good portion of the Saturday Sew (the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild event) that I went to yesterday.  I had a blast though, I love a good challenge, don't you?  And speaking of a blast, we had so much fun at the Saturday Sew.  There were 10 of us this month and I would say we all got quite a bit accomplished.  I hope if you are a member of the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild, you'll come join us at the next one.  We don't have it scheduled yet, but discussed some possible dates in May.  I'll post a date here and on the guild blog as soon as we have it firmed up.

I never told you all about finishing the Black and White quilt.  It's done and off to it's new owner.  She seemed to be really pleased with it.  It was going to be a gift for her daughter.
I had a lot of fun making it and I got to use the new machine to do the quilting and it did a fabulous job!  I love that new sewing machine.  We are already getting to be quite good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment