Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Break in Sunny Florida

I have been in Lady Lake, Florida since Thursday and having a blast.  It was a much needed break before I hit a very busy season at work.  I am feeling very rested and relaxed and so, so grateful for my husband's family.  We came down here to celebrate my father-in-laws birthday.  The siblings all got together and signed him up for a flight in a TX-6 WWII plane.  We held the surprise in tact until we arrived at the hanger!  The "surprise" gods were with us, there was an ad for an air show in the paper the night before the flight for that very day!  So, we had rented a big 10 passenger van and off we headed.  He was so surprised when we arrived and told him that he was the star of this air show.  I'll be posting more photos of this great day on my Flickr Account.  We did go on to the air show mentioned in the paper and the Thunderbirds were flying.  It was quite exciting to see that as well.  All in all, one of those days you will never forget.  The weather was just gorgeous!

I believe GK's dad had the time of his life.  As we were pulling up at the hanger, he commented "oh, flying in one of those is on my bucket list"  Little did he know he was about to cross it off the list!

GK's family is so fun and they have welcomed me into the fold like I was always here.  I love each and every one of them.  In the midst of all the celebration of the flight, they had planned a cake and special dinner to celebrate my birthday!  Check out my cake!

What a great trip it has been.  We laughed, we cried, we bonded......we played bocce ball, did a little archery, watched a polo match, and ate tons of great food.  This afternoon, it is back to the airport and back to real life.  I'm ready, it's been a wonderful break but I am so blessed to have such a dream life that I'm ready to get back home.  I am teaching a beginning quilt class on Sunday at City Craft and I'm so excited about it.  And the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild is having a Saturday Sew this Saturday.  You can read about it on their webpage.  I'm such a lucky girl.....

3 comments:

  1. Did we miss your birthday?!?!? Happy birthday Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    Your blog is fabulous as is your talents for textiles! WOW!
    It was wonderful seeing you in Florida (huge understatement)!
    Good luck teaching your class (lucky students) and enjoy the Guild!
    I'll be "following" you. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures in sewing and in life!
    Fondly,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,

    I have just started "following you" as well! What a fun blog you have! And yes, our time together in FL was SOOOOO special to me as well!!!! I just read your newer posts, and it looks like you're having a great time teaching! Hope the universe finds you the perfect opportunity to share your talents full time!!!! Love you Michelle!!!

    ReplyDelete