Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Progress and a Class

I have been busy working on the Match Box quilt this week.  I actually got a great start on it at the Saturday Sew for the Dallas Modern Quilt Guild.  If you are in the Dallas area, we would love to have you come join us some weekend.  You can check the schedule for the next one here.  So, here is what it looked like on Saturday:
I got quite a bit more done on it today and I hope to be able to show you a completed quilt top in the next few days.  

Sunday I went to the Trinity Valley Quilt Show with some quilty friends from DMQG and we had the best day!  It is so fun to hang out with women that share my interests and passions.  It's such a nice feeling to know I am not the only one always designing a quilt in my head or dreaming about the next line of fabric coming out soon.....and look at my goodies from the show

It's a lovely stack of Kaffe Fasset Shot Cottons that I purchased from Cabbage Rose Quilting.  They had a booth at the show, but they are located over in Fort Worth.  Isn't that the most gorgeous stack you have ever seen?  I am thinking of doing a quilt just using those fabrics, no prints.  They are so soft and drapey, almost like a voile.  The little gray stack are reproduction prints from the Civil War era, but I think they look very modern.  I have been designing an orange and gray quilt in my head for awhile and slowly collecting the fabrics for it.  These will add some nice texture to my current stash.  

I have a very busy week ahead.  I'm teaching a couple of classes at Bernina of Dallas this week.  Saturday is part two of the "I Never Thought I'd be a Quilter" class and next Saturday I will be teaching the Disappearing Nine Patch class again.  Back by popular demand!  Okay, maybe not, but I like saying that phrase.  I did have a couple of requests to offer it again and it felt really nice to know that people enjoyed it enough to tell their friends about it.  Here's a sneak peak at that quilt.

                        

If you aren't doing anything on Saturday, October 9th at 9:30, come join us for some quilty fun.  We would love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment