Monday, May 31, 2010

Lessons

I spent Sunday afternoon at a friends house teaching her to sew.  She got a sewing machine for Christmas a couple of years ago and has played around with it a little.  She wanted to make curtains for her guest room and she wants to make some throw pillows and whatnot for around the house.  She had tried another teacher that she found online and it didn't work out well.  The person that was teaching her before had never done piping, and seemed a little overwhelmed with the pattern my friend was using.  Finally after a few lessons, they agreed it was best if they both moved on!  So, off I went on Sunday totally looking forward to afternoon with her.  She has three of the most adorable dogs, and they were a huge help.  Here's McTavish being a little pouty because we wouldn't let him sew on the machine (okay, he really just wanted on Susan's lap)
We accomplished quite a bit, and she made me the most WONDERFUL goat cheese quiche with hash brown crust for lunch.  YUM!



Alfie, well he just slept in the other room  escaping the camera and Muttley got really bored with the whole process.

I got an email from her this afternoon that she had finished both panels today and had discovered another oops from the previous teacher.  She had cut out the wrong pattern pieces for the valance so Susan has to head back to the store for more fabric.

It was such a fun afternoon and it was another sign that I am moving in a positive direction towards teaching.  I find it extremely rewarding and exciting.  I am scheduled to teach again at City Craft next Sunday, but we are waiting to see if the class fills.  So far there are two people signed up and that won't be enough to justify the class.  I really hope it fills.  I'm sending positive vibes out and picturing it full.  I really believe in that universal law of attraction.

Speaking of, I started a new eCourse yesterday.  It's called Flying Lessons by Kelly Rae Roberts.  We are two days into the course and I'm pretty impressed so far.  It is a five week course and you can still sign up for it.  It is geared toward starting a creative business and being successful.  Kelly Rae has a very successful art business.  I love her collages and paintings.  A friend of mine had told me about her last year and she also was the one that told me about this eCourse.  I was a little hesitant at first, but I'm really glad I signed up for it.  This year has really been amazing so far.  I started this blog right at the end of 2009 and began to journal about a more creative life.  Many doors have opened up in a short time and most important of all, I have met some really amazing people in the last five months.  People I would not have know about if I hadn't started blogging.  I have learned a ton of new techniques and really spread my creative wings in my quilts since then as well.  I think I have completed more projects in the last five months than I did in the last several years combined!  Time to head off to bed, tomorrow it's back to the ol' nine to five......

No comments:

Post a Comment