Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Too Much

Well, I admit it...I can occasionally become obsessed with things.  And I've done it recently with my Nicey Jane Quilt I told you about here.  I have had the top layered up for awhile, but became obsessed with that crewel pillow I bought on Ebay.  A few weeks ago, I got the quilt back out and started hand quilting it with Pearl Cotton #8 in white.  It's fun to do and I had forgotten how much I enjoy hand quilting.  It gives me a project to work on while G and I watch TV at night.  But....I think I may have gone overboard, cause this is what my finger looks like right now.

See how red and swollen that knuckle is?  The finger won't even bend very far.  It's been like that for days and I still keep coming home and quilting every night.  What is wrong with me?  I have decided to let the finger rest for a few days (sob) and see if it gets better.  I'm thinking I can still work on my hexagon project while I waiting, right?

G and I had a quiet Valentines day at home.  I picked up a wonderful salad with fresh grilled flank steak on the way home and we watched the latest Masterpiece Theater.  It was really good.  It's called Any Human Heart.  We just finished watching the last Masterpiece Theater series; Downton Abbey.  Also really good and they say they are in production for a second season of that one.  It was so beautifully shot, gorgeous scenery, beautiful costumes.  And then this is what I made for desert.  Tahitian Vanilla Bean Gelato with my homemade hot fudge sauce and chopped walnuts.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment